<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I've just about finished a new series of poems, longer responses to 9 untitled poems that I'd written in recent months. The untitled poems were originally written as complete thoughts, but at some point I had the idea that it would be interesting to try and respond to one's own work, to try and convey something new by using one's own poems as a starting point, rather than any other inspiration.

Maybe I'll call it

After County

That should endear me to the larger poetry community. Even dedicate it to myself, something like

To Michael, in Friendship and Admiration

So rather than calling these revisions, the longer responses are unique poems, with titles, with themes that stretch into new places. It's all very poetic and shit.

Any poets out there who'd like to read them and comment? I've got a thick skin.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?