<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 14, 2003

There's a couple spaaaaaacing problems with the post of Simon's poem that I have no patience to correct. Simon's poetry speaks for itself, I think, though I think it's worth noting that it defies simple categorization. He has that sort of slipperiness to his work that I always enjoy, concrete but somehow remaining up in the air, the point where you are just about to fall but catch yourself but readjusting your weight over your feet.

I have no idea what I mean here. I've always had trouble describing poetry, even in grad school, and would make a horrible reviewer, I think. I do think I make a decent editor, however, because there's room for those of us who know it when we see it. At least as I see it.

Simon's got it.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?