<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 18, 2003

It makes me a bit uncomfortable to publish poems here that I've just written. I'm not as spontaneous as I'd like to believe. I generally write a poem, let it sit for a long time (days, weeks, months), then tear it apart upon revision. But in the spirit of the blog I've placed quite a few pieces here that are, frankly, raw. It will still be enjoyable to return to them later and revise. I know lots of poets don't enjoy revision, but I really find destruction to be as satisfying as creation. Rather, I see it as part of the creative process.

Any comments or experiences? Stop me when I become too pretentious to handle. Unless that's already happened. Then you should humor me.

This is what happens when the Fabulous Lucy abandons me for sleep.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?